Sunday, January 6, 2008

Insurance companies AGAIN!!! :(

I finally feel well enough to talk about Christmas. Which I will do in a moment.

First, I have to say that the first time using my new BC/BS Rx insurance was NOT an auspicious one... I have a feeling that this may be even worse than Caremark, although I'll reserve judgement for the time being. The doc prescribed 12 antibiotic pills. They gave me, of course, the generic (I'm not going to quibble with antibiotics).... only, they would only authorize HALF of the script. For which I paid $10. I asked what I was supposed to do, and the guy said, 'Well, you could pay for the rest out of pocket." "How much will that cost?" "$57." FIFTY-SEVEN DOLLARS????? The six I got, including my co-pay and what they say the insurance company paid, only came to $25... so why, if I'm paying out of pocket, is it more than TWICE what they charge the insurance company?????? Makes NO sense.

Well, of course, there was no-one at the insurance company to explain this decision to me. So I have to try to find some time while at work on Monday (which is almost impossible, since I don't even get time for LUNCH) to try to call and argue with them. THEY should not be making medical decisions. THEY are not my doctor, and as everyone who has any knowledge of antibiotics knows, you HAVE to take ALL of them. ALL of them, or the infection will come back worse than ever. ::SIGH::

Meanwhile, I did get my cool little Visa card that will allow me to automatically debit my FSA account to pay for my scripts instead of asking for reimbursement. That's nice. Hopefully, it will save some money for me, since it's tax free funds that are put in there.

No comments: