Friday, November 30, 2007

Wow!! Really??????

It's been a week since I posted? I hadn't realized it had been that long. This week has been amazingly busy and has gone by SO fast!

We had rehearsal three nights this week, and had a bit of a scare. The boy who is my 'son,' didn't show up for rehearsal one night. Everyone was trying to get hold of him, his mother was calling everyone she knew. He had supposedly left school at 4 and that was the last time anyone had seen him. We were all worried sick. But, thank goodness, it turns out he didn't have his phone, and had been waiting for his mother to come pick him up AT school! He waited for HOURS, the poor kid-- and Mom didn't know he was expecting her to pick him up!

So, all's well that ends well, but a sleepless night in there!

FINALLY, got someone who I think is trustworthy to look at the roof, and they will begin soon to fix it. Decided to replace the whole thing, because we don't know how old it is, and if it's the original roof, it's close to 20 years old, so I might was well replace it anyway. Can't start for several weeks, though, which is getting us close to Christmas and bad weather (supposed to even maybe have some snow this weekend, plus rain. ::SIGH::). Anyway, he's going to try to rush it, maybe put it ahead of a few people whose roofs AREN'T leaking. I hope he can!!!!

We've got some state officials coming to the school next week. ACK!!! So, I've got a lot of stuff home to work on this weekend. REALLY need to make sure things are up to snuff. Also had to work with a new teacher this week, to show her the ropes, so I've just been overwhelmed. And I don't see it getting any better until after Christmas!!

I am hoping we can get some Christmas decorating done this weekend, and maybe I'll feel more in the Christmas spirit! :) Gonna watch some of those holiday movies on Hallmark Channel, too. I DO love the tree and the lights, and having a fire in the fireplace while just the holiday lights are on! :) And the Advent Wreath really makes me stop and think about the whole Christmas season, which always centers me.

I will work on updating my 365 list this weekend, too... I'm a bit behind, I know.

No comments: