Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving!!!

I cannot BELIEVE Thanksgiving is only a few days away!! Tomorrow, I have to take the turkey out of the freezer, and today I HAVE to sit down, plan what we're going to have, make a list and go shopping. Fortunately, no rehearsal on Wednesday, so I can cook.

Don't know if J is going to work or not, so I don't know what time we're going to eat. Need to talk to her and find out. I'm going to wash Grandmother's china, and we'll use that... whether I'm going to polish the silver and use it or not, I don't know. We'll see.

Meanwhile, it's COLD here. Down into the 20s last night. I found some extra fuel for the gel fuel fireplace, so we're having the first fire of the season. :) I thought we'd used it all up last year, but not, and you're supposed to use it within a year, so.....

This year, we'll have the fireplace for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Just got it last year (in January), and loved it. It's so nice to have a fire without worrying about cleaning anything up, wood, or the flue..... It looks really nice and matches the entertainment center in wood tone and design.

The Real Flame gel fuel, though, has a particular odor. I don't smell it here as much, but at Mother's house, I really smelled it. I'm surprised it didn't really bother her; asked her several times. I found this new stuff (I can't remember the name right now) that is supposed to not have that odor. Gonna use up the rest of the old stuff first, though. Got some for J., too, for hers, and I'm going to send a couple of the new ones down to Mother's to see if they are better. If she likes them better, I'll get her some of them, too. I think the new ones last longer, too.

No comments: