Well, it's here. I'm doing a little cooking, but not cooking the whole thing this year, and we are going to a friend's house. I said I'd come by early and help her cook! ACK!!
Anyway, I'm having some real difficulty getting that thankful feeling right now-- the last few weeks have been very difficult, and every time I get any news, it seems it's bad news. :(
Anyway, I'm going to get myself in that mood, no matter what. I DO know I have a lot to be thankful for, and my problems are nothing compared to what a lot of people are going through right now.... I just keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, and for everything to just disappear. I can't help it, I feel like I'm on tenterhooks, and you can cut the tension with a knife just walking down the street or into a store-- EVERYONE seems to be feeling it, even the kids, who have been really off the last few weeks-- I really do think they are feeling it, as well, even if no-one's talking about it to or in front of them.
Anyway, here's my 'Thankful for' list this year.
1) My mom and my family. We may argue and fight, but I love them and don't think I could make it without them.
2) That I have a job.... at least, as Avenue Q puts it, "for now...."
3) That I have health insurance.... even if it is costing more than I can afford.
4) That I have a car to worry about getting crunched while parked on the street... I am PISSED, especially because it's a new car... but it IS only a car.... even though my insurance premiums are now going to skyrocket (::SIGH::).
5) That I have a house-- even if it is having plumbing problems, and needs to be painted, and the roof needs to be inspected, and the foundation needs to be fixed, and the water heater just had to be replaced, and..... it's a house, we can afford it ('for now'), and overall, I am happy in it. It's got good 'vibes.'
6) My friends. I have the BEST friends around.
7) My kitties-- they give so much love, and ask for only a bit of food and loving in return. :)
8) That our health seems to be holding its own, including Mom's.....
9) My kids, who really are great, even when they're driving me crazy!!!!!
And now, I need to go cook, and get over my feeling of wanting to hibernate and not talk to anybody tonight.....