Sunday, May 25, 2008

I MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew!!! I really didn't think I was going to make it through the 8 weeks between Easter and Memorial Day, during which we had NO break whatsoever.

But I DID! And we will finish testing this week. And the kids are doing great. So, this is really good!!!

I have been shooting a film for the last few weeks. Tomorrow is my final scene, so I don't have tomorrow off, but today was nice. We went to see the new Indiana Jones move. Harrison Ford? GORGEOUS! The storyline of the movie? FABULOUS! The chase scenes? Funny-- which is saying something for me, because I DO NOT like the action-type stuff. Shia LaBoef? TERRIFIC. MUCH better than I thought he would be. And the ending? PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you liked the first one, you'll like this one.

Then we went to Chili's, which was not all that great, but.....

As for the movie I'm doing, it's a horror movie, and I got to die... which was a LOT of fun! :) And they managed to NOT get any of the blood on my hair or clothes. Which was a GOOD thing, 'cause I didn't get home until almost midnight, and I was NOT looking forward to having to wash my hair and soak out that dress (because that wasn't the final scene, and it needed NOT to have bloodstains on it!).

The last two weekends, I've also been doing another workshop with T.... REALLY valuable. We did a scene from The Glass Menagerie, which was REALLY intense for both me and my scene partner. And almost all of the other scenes were pretty intense, too. There was one I need to order the script for-- I think I might get a good monologue out of it!! :) So, between work, rehearsing for these scenes, testing and filming the last couple of weeks have been EXHAUSTING. I am BEAT. At least I get to sleep in tomorrow... call time's not 'til 2. We MIGHT have a cookout afterwards, not sure... we'll kinda play it by ear.

We were also celebrating Ps birthday, too. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but she's starting to get on my nerves sometimes, and J's, too. :( I don't know, and both of us are trying to tamp down the impatience we sometimes feel..... and maybe part of it is that we're both really tired right now.

J is trying to prepare for an operation on her foot that she needs, and has been working on getting her kitchen in shape. She DESPERATELY needed a new refrigerator (her old one was OLD, AND it opened in the wrong direction, PLUS there simply wasn't room for the door to open. It also didn't keep food all that cold). Her new one has french doors, so it's PERFECT. Plenty of space, and it looks great, too!! She's also a bit stressed in preparing to retire, so I know she's a bit on edge, and maybe I am, too, because of the stress of the last few weeks.

Here's to a relaxing day tomorrow, and a relatively stress-free week!!

No comments: