Saturday, April 5, 2008

TVs

Well, I have a TV in the kitchen that is NOT hooked up to the satellite. Back when we moved in, they only offered 2 rooms-- now, it's FOUR. ARGH. Anyway, so the kitchen TV is just an antenna and a DVD player, so I can watch DVDs while I'm working in the kitchen or in the living/dining room.

And, we KNEW that as of February, that TV is no longer going to work. So, I was researching to find the kind of TV I wanted for the kitchen. Because the converter boxes? Cost money (even if you do get a coupon), and may not work with your current antenna. So, we figured we might as well just go ahead and get a new small TV for the kitchen. We COULD pay to have it hooked up and pay the extra each month, but.... nah. (Although Mom is nagging me-- she'd like to have it when she visits! :) And maybe we will at some point).

But, THEN, all of a sudden, the admittedly small TV in the family room that we were NOT going to replace since it's hooked up to satellite and there was no real REASON to replace it, suddenly stopped working. Worked one night, the next night, no sound. Full stop. No matter WHAT you did. Checked the others-- no problem. Brought down the little TV from the kitchen-- worked PERFECTLY. So, the TV was a bust. It's only about 7 years old! ::SIGH::

So, we spent MUCH more than we should have for a new TV for the family room, and now I really don't know what to do about the kitchen. After Feb., it won't be good for anything but playing DVDs. But I just can't see shelling out several MORE hundreds of dollars for another TV now....... but they've said even with the converter box, the old one may well not work without an outdoor (mounted) antenna. Well, not exactly an earth-shattering issue, especially right now. Just an annoyance. I HATE spending money I don't have to (or for things I didn't plan on!).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i had the same ting happen recently, but with my car. sucked. but i love my new car!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.