Saturday, March 8, 2008

Shabbat Shalom!

Well, last night was Shabbat Across America. I went with P, and we had a great time!! The dinner was catered, so it was really good-- eggplant pasta of some kind, and lasagna, along with an excellent salad. Then they had the Shabbat service-- we didn't stay for that part, though, because she had to be back early this morning for services, and I had to work early this morning. They had oneg after, which I'm glad we didn't stay for, because I am trying to eliminate sugar as much as possible. It was great-- we sat with some people I didn't know, and some I got to catch up with-- haven't been going on Sundays, so I haven't seen a lot of them for quite a while. The kids got to do their thing with the Israeli flags (although the suggestion was made that they should have had American flags as well, since it is Shabbat Across AMERICA-- I agree with that, and it will be suggested to them for next year). There weren't as many people there this year as last, which was a shame. :( But it was a lot of fun!

Shabbat Shalom to everyone across the nation who celebrated Shabbat as a family and as a country. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shabbat Shalom to you too. We celebrated with a family dinner (at Red Robin for cheeseburgers, GASP!) But at least we were together, right?????

Actorgirl said...

Yes, that IS the most important thing (and Red Robin cheeseburgers are the BEST!!).... :)